So grab your favorite pair of Tiddies™ and floaties, Derel Coconut Rum is here for the party.
HOW IT'S MADE
Derel Coconut Rum begins its life as a 99% blend of Spanish style rum and 1% blend of English pot still rum from Jamaica. By taking these two molasses style rums, one column distilled and one pot distilled, we are able to give Derel Rum a unique flavor profile. We then take a proprietary blend of coconut extract to create our flavorful Rum.
Derel Coconut exhibits aromas of coconut pulp with notes of vanilla and cinnamon. The palate follows the nose with a greater presence of rum and delivers flavors of coconut, vanilla, banana, with soft touches of molasses. With flavors like this, the Pina Colada is about to file a restraining order.
- Add ingredients to a shaker, ice, shake, strain into a coupe, top with André, because brunch.
- Honey Syrup – 3 parts Honey, 1 part Water
- Add ingredients to a shaker, ice, shake, loosely strain into a highball, top with cracked ice
- For non sweetened variation, remove simple syrup, but you have diabetes and don’t watch your alcohol intake, so forget this part… #derelislyfe
- Simple Syrup – 1 Part Water, 1 Part Granulated Sugar. Stir (No heat, simple…)
*note, it’s easy to make, but since you are a Derel we don’t trust you unless we made this into a bullet point.
- Add mint to bottom of shaker tin, hit once with muddler (no more!)
- Add rest of ingredients and ice. Quick shake and dump into chilled highball (collins for you heathens).
- Top with crushed ice and stir til thoroughly mixed. Garnish with mint sprig.
- Club soda is not needed, but you probably think it is… so 2 ounces.