According to a seafaring legend, six-toed cats were brought aboard ships for good luck and safe passage. These special polydactyl cats were affectionately known as Gypsy Cats and the most famous being gifted to Hemingway’s daughter, Margot, which she ultimately named Snow White.
HOW IT'S MADE
Gypsy Cat Silver Rum is a special blend of two different rums. 90% Spanish style, column distilled silver rum is blended with 10% Jamaican pot-stilled rum. This blend creates a funky, tropical ester that lends itself naturally to cocktails and highballs. Created with the classic Daiquiri and Mai Thai in mind, Gypsy Cat creates a well rounded cocktail that is perfectly balanced.
Nose of overripe banana, molasses, and pineapple prepare the palate for fruity esters and a touch of sweetness, but without the viscosity of added sugar! A nice finish of mango, pineapple, and funky citrus lend itself to Gypsy Cat being a wonderful highlight to any bar!
Mashbill – 100% Mollasses
1l 40% alc./vol. 80 proof
- Add ingredients to a shaker, ice, shake, strain into a coupe, top with chilled champagne.
- Honey Syrup – 3 parts Honey, 1 part Water
Add ingredients to a shaker, ice, shake, loosely strain into a highball, top with cracked ice
For non sweetened variation, remove simple syrup.
Simple Syrup – 1 Part Water, 1 Part Granulated Sugar. Stir (No heat, simple…)
- Egg White optional – to add egg white, crack egg, strain white into shaker, dry shake tin to emulsify.
- Add ingredients, shake/strain into a chilled coupe
- Add mint to bottom of shaker tin, hit once with muddler (no more!), add rest of ingredients and ice.
- Quick shake and dump into chilled highball.
- Top with crushed ice and stir til thoroughly mixed.
Garnish with mint sprig.
- Club soda is not required, but if you want to add a little fizz, 2 ounces plenty.